Jaguar has refreshed its I-Pace electric vehicle for the 2021 model year with a host of updates. The I-PACE now comes loaded with more connected features, new infotainment system, exterior options and quicker charging capability. Read on to find what’s new with the I-PACE.
2021 I-Pace Exterior
The grille gets a new Atlas Grey tip finish. To complement the new finish, Jaguar is offering a Bright Pack option which enhances the looks with a Noble Chrome surround, Atlas Grey door mirror caps, Satin Chrome window surrounds and a diffuser finished in Atlas Grey as well. The existing Black Pack now gets an addition of a gloss black finished rear badges. A new 19-inch wheel replaces the 18-inch wheels on the older model. There’s a new paint palette on offer with colours like Caldera Red, Portofino Blue and Eiger Grey.
2021 I-Pace Interior
The 2021 I-PACE features a new 12.3-inch touchscreen system called Pivi Pro. Along with the larger screen, we also get two smaller touchscreens below, 10-inch and 5-inch in size for climate control and other vital functions. These screens offer haptic feedback and are enclosed by two rotary dials for easier and engaging user experience.
Jaguar says the Pivi Pro is inspired by smartphones and is backed up by a powerful processor which ensures quick start-up every time the user climbs on board.
Pivi Pro features:
- A redesigned navigation system with an ability to pinch and zoom the contents of the map and the number of steps to set a destination is reduced.
- Completely revised graphics which gives a clear indication of battery’s state of charge.
- Changes have been made to the predictive range calculation algorithm to deliver a more accurate and consistent vehicle range estimation which changes dynamically according to the driving style.
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Baidu CarLife (depending on the market) are standard when you choose the Smartphone pack.
- Now adds charging points to your route automatically and selects optimum charging stations to minimise total journey time. It can also show you the predicted charge level as you proceed.
- software-over-the-air (SOTA) functionality which can carry out updates in the background.
- Integrated dual SIM (eSIM) functionality and complimentary 4G data plan.
- Spotify embedded.
The climate control system gets an update, which now offers independent four-zone cooling. It comes with a new filtration system which captures ultrafine particles like PM2.5 particulates. Customers can now use the I-PACE’s pre-conditioning system to clear the cabin of allergens and ultrafine particles before beginning a journey while the vehicle is plugged in.
The I-PACE now offers optional wireless smartphone charger which is located just below the centre console. It is fitted with a signal booster to ensure the best possible connectivity at all times during a journey.
2021 I-Pace charging
- The 7 kW charger is replaced by an 11 kW (AC) domestic wall box which adds 53km/33miles of range (WLTP) for every hour of charge and this can now be utilized by customers with three-phase supplies. Charging from empty to full now takes 8.6 hours.
- Customers using a 7 kW wall box can charge up to 35km/22 miles of charge per hour with a full charge taking 12.75 hours.
- 50 kW chargers will add up to 63km/39 miles in 15 minutes.
- 100 kW fast charger will add up to 127km/78 miles in the same 15 minutes.
2021 I-Pace Safety technology
A new 3D Surround Camera is provided which offers a 360-degree digital plan view of the surrounding area which is visible through the central touchscreen. ClearSight rear view mirror improves vision and convenience by using a wide-angle, rear-facing camera connected to the high-resolution screen in the frameless glass mirror. The driver can switch seamlessly between the view from the standard mirror and the camera feed using a toggle.
The vehicle’s performance remains unchanged. The twin-motor powertrain pushes out 400 PS & 696 Nm which helps it complete a 0-100 sprint in just 4.5 seconds. It offers a range of 470 km (WLTP method).
Price & Indian launch
The I-PACE is now available for order and is priced starting from £65,195 in the UK. As for the i-Pace’s Indian launch, we’re hoping to see an update from Jaguar soon which had announced and was preparing for the launch in the second half of 2020.